Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sherlock Holmes Shaker Card with G45 Master Detective

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Kathy here with a Sherlock Holmes themed shaker card that's loaded with dimension and sweet surprises.


This card was so much fun to make!  I turned a chipboard filmstrip frame into a shaker element for the focal point of this tall and skinny 4.25" x 8.5" side fold card.  Each section of the filmstrip was filled with a different image and a selection of sequins and seed beads.


Black and White Houndstooth ribbon was the natural choice for this themed card. I used my Zutter Bow-it-All Tool to tie a two layer bow, then topped it with black burlap string and a button from my stash.


I've had this brass monocle in my stash for ages, and was so happy to finally find the perfect spot to use it.  I tied a snippet of black and white houndstooth ribbon through the loop on the end, securing it with black burlap string. 

The inside of the card is decorated with  more elements from Graphic 45's Master Detective Collectionj.


This 4" x 6" image from the cut apart page has been scored and folded to fit inside the card.


Then I made a little gift card holder just for fun.  See that houndstooth print?  That's what inspired the use of the houndstooth ribbon for this card.  Now you know!

I've always loved Sherlock Holmes, whether portrayed by Basil Rathbone, Jonny Lee Miller or Benedict Cumberbatch.  But enough chatting....there's work to be done...and the game is afoot!

Until next time!
Cheerio,
kathy


2 comments :

  1. What a terrific album! Great pages!! Perfect hounds tooth bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is just amazing your so talented in all that your do .......simply is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say