Saturday, January 7, 2017

If Kisses Were Snowflakes Valentine

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Here we are in January and from what I can see on the weather map, snow is flying in many parts of the country.  I was leafing through Authentique's Wintery paper collection looking for a little inspiration, when I found this great sentiment: "If kisses were snowflakes, I'd send you a blizzard."  How perfect for Valentine's Day!



The gorgeous Sweetheart Mix ( January Ribbon Club ) works perfectly with these papers.  I created a belly band by layering Random Hearts and Confetti Dots Grograin over White Crochet lace. This adds great texture and a lovely pop of color to the background layers.

 Have you tried the taffeta ribbons yet?  Oooh-la-la!  It makes such a lovely, crisp bow.  I used the White Taffeta Ribbon from the Sweetheart Mix here.   I had a little snip of the Red Bold Diamond Print Satin ribbon on my work desk and used it to make a couple of little banner flags to go beneath the sentiment.  This doesn't just look pretty, it helps draw the eye to the sentiment panel.


I thought it would be loads of fun to tuck a packet of Cup-a-Soup into the inside pocket.  I practically lived on this stuff way back when I was in my college dorm.  And, the packet is red and white...so it really works for Valentine's Day!

Have you started working on your Valentines yet?  I hope I've shared an idea or two that inspired you!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

3 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say