Saturday, November 19, 2016

No Ordinary Cats


{judy} I am a dog lover. I have an 8 year old rescue dog named Fiona. But — my daughter has a cat, and I am learning to love and appreciate them. We also have six neighborhood cats that take advantage of our sunny front porch and deck, and they are sweet too. And none of them are ordinary!
111116an

For my card today I chose No Ordinary Cats from Art Neko as my image for my main tag. I made a watercolor background with distress inks and then stamped my image in VersaFine Onyx Black, using a MISTI to re-stamp until I got the image as dark as I wanted. Watercolor paper has texture, and it sometimes takes several impressions to fill in that texture. This cute image also comes in a half sheet with some other amazing cat images and sentiments.
img_1065a 
I layered my main tag with a die cut tag for interest, and added some fun ribbons and Baby Pink Gypsophila flowers to the tops of the tags, along with some fibers from my stash. 


Here are the ribbons I used: 
As always, I love using Scor-Tape to hold all the layers together!
I think my daughter will like this card!

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say