Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lovely Hummingbirds


Hi friends.  This is Bonnie from Really Reasonable Ribbon and today and I have a card I made with a great hummingbird digital image.  I actually did a series of three cards with this very same image to see how many looks I could get with the same image.  I'm sharing one here today and the others will be up on my MakeTime2Craft Blog during the next week.


I just LOVE hummingbirds.  I have two feeders.  One is right outside the RRR office and they visit often.  They appear to like overcast or even rainy days better than hot sunny days.  Did you know they make a cute little chirpy noise?  They will often hover in front of my window looking in, as if they like to watch me as much as I like to watch them.


I think my favorite bow is the double-layered bow made on my Bow-it-All Tool.  Sure, a triple-layer bow is really great too, but the size of the double-layers seems to be perfect for my cards.  With the increased size options on the new V2 model, you can make the perfect size bow for any card.  This bow is made with 5/8" Maize Satin with Grosgrain Edge.


I tried to go for a little dimension on this card and I took an extra printout of the image and fussy-cut the hummingbird out.  I flipped it over and ran the ball of my large stylus over the back to give the body a rounded shape.  Then I attached it with some pop-dots.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

I have a Blog Candy giveaway going on right now over on my MakeTime2Craft Blog.  Head on over and enter to win and the stop back next week to see my other two cards using this very same digital image and let me know what you think.

~ Bonnie ~

Supplies:
Digital Image is from Cobra Graphics on Etsy.  I enlarged the image in PSE
Design Paper:  DCWV Timeless Textures Stack
Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large and Small

1 comment :

  1. Bonnie, I love hummers too! I had a feeder right outside my kitchen window and a lovely fellow came to visit me several times a day. One day, I was making a smoothie in the blender, and when I turned the blender on, he came right up to the window, nearly eyeball to eyeball, to see what I was up to. I think he thought I was flirting with him. This is a gorgeous card and the color palette is perfect. Love the way you tiled the background with those alternating stripes. Very chic!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say