Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Queen Bee's Birthday....


For our current SALE information, please click HERE or scroll down to the next post.

 
 















 
 
Hello to you!  Cherry here with a tutorial today!  I decided to create an extra special birthday card along with a gussied up envelope.   It is always fun to make someone feel extra loved on their day. 
                                        I started with my card and stamped some French style bee images from Crafty Secret along the bottom of the card and envelope. I then colored some of my images in with a soft pink Tim Holtz distress marker.  From there it was time to pick some papers and adhere along with adding a few diecut borders.  I decided to add some Catherine white lace along the bottom half of card to soften it up a bit.  Once done with that I picked out some May arts fleur de lis  ribbon.  It is the center point of the card and I made sure when tying my knot that the fleur de lis were standing up right.  I tied my bow and then added another to the top.  I also added this ribbon to my envelope as a border and bow.  I used Scor-Tape for the fleur de lis border.  It adheres the ribbon well and allows for a nice smooth finish.  I of course HAD to add a bit of seam binding as well.  I added Baby pink seam binding that I crinkled.  
It was time to add some bits and bobs...I topped the card off with a tag and a gorgeous Prima wood button.  The envelope had to have a little more as well so I added a metal key along with a  birthday tag and a pink lovely tag for fun.  Soft, feminine, and oh so French!  Hope you enjoy!  cherry

3 comments :

  1. Gorgeous!! I love how you show the step by step process you use!!! All of your creations are just so wonderful!!!!
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous. Love that bow...and the finished product. Thanks for the great step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these cards are simply stunning!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say