Thursday, August 29, 2013

You are Treasured



4 Day Pre-Labor Sale here


 It's hard to believe that it is the end of August already!  Where did the summer go?  lol  Just a fun little card today that I made to share with the lovely ladies of the USA stamping Club at my local craft store.  Our tutorial last night was on Zantangle!  LOVE IT!  As a matter of fact, we all gave it a try and if you would like to see what I created with it, visit my blog today!  I'll have that as well as a link to my You- Tube video (hopefully) with a full tutorial on this project!  lol  

But, I digress, the theme to follow this month was water???  I know most of you have one or two scenic stamps maybe from Northwood or other company, but I have absolutely 0
That's right 0!  

So I've decided to go with a nautical theme by adding some Jute String Natural from Really Reasonable Ribbon, one of my favorite button collections Latte and some terrific dies that are all nautical.  The friendly little lion stamp is just an extra I couldn't resist adding from 2 Cute Ink.


The Studio G pre-made card and envelope set was on sale so I snatched them up and fast!  When I got the set home and opened it, I realized that the score line was on the longer of the two edges of the card.   Because I had planned to make a scene out of it, I wanted to place the ribbon going vertically down the card and found a creative way to do it, so I though I would share it in this video.  


If you give it a try with maybe wider ribbons or even some lace, be sure to send me a link so I can check it out won't you?  Have fun and I hope it is helpful.


Other contents:  Shapeology Dies by Whimsy
Ranger Distress Ink
Copics
Cuttlebut embossing folder

If you look carefully, the envelope is distressed and stamped as well to coordinate!

We do a monthly card swap so each of us bring 5 themed cards and go home with 5 different cards!  So fun!  All of these took about 1.5 hours so quick and simple today!  As a matter of fact, I've been doing clean and simple for most of this month!  NEW TREND for me! lol
Thanks for visiting,
Hugs,


2 comments :

  1. What adorable cards!! Thanks for the tip on wrapping ribbon/twine where there's a paper fold!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say