Monday, January 21, 2013

Inspired by Nature

 
Hello, friends!  Vivian here today to share with you a card I recently made that's all about spring.  I love birds' nests.  On the few occasions I've been able to observe them up close, I've been amazed by their shapes, how skillfully they've been woven.  Those brief encounters have made me want a human sized nest of my very own!  Seriously!
 
 
I was messing around with my Really Reasonable Ribbon's Leaves, White Trim, and discovered that I liked it best when coiled into an abstract nest like the one I have in my card. Keeping my focal image white helped it stand out against the background I had crafted.
Now that I've found how beautifully it coils, I'm going to order myself a whole lot more of this beautiful fiber!  I hope I've inspired you to try it out, too!  It's available at the shop in a great variety of spring colors!
 
Fibers:
Reasonable Ribbon - Leaves, White Trim
Scraps of Darkness - Angelina Fibers

Tools:
Provocraft - Embossing Folder

Media:
Tim Holtz - Black Soot Distress Ink
Tattered Angels - Sea Glass Glimmer Mist

Embellishments:
Jenni Bowlin - Stick Pins
Recollections - Resin Flower

Papertrey Ink - White Cardstock
 

5 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous Vivian! I would never have thought to make a nest of this ribbon, but I love the look of it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....such a clever idea !! You really are so creative !
    Thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. vivian, you really design your work well. Nice showcasing of the RRR fiber and white leaves
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is lovely! Great job as usual.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say