Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hand Dyed Silks and Weddings

Monday morning and the beginning of another week. Hi Everyone, Erika Taylor here today to share with you a few projects I've created using some of my favorite ribbons out there. Every day I go to the Really Reasonable Ribbon store and ogle over all the beautiful textures and colors of ribbon. Right now I'm all about the pinks, probably because I'm patiently waiting for those spring flowers to start popping out of the ground. But there are a bunch of great ribbons that I see following some Spring trends too.

This first layout is of our daughter on her "birth"day . For the ribbon treatment, I used the 5/8" Rusty Bucket Hand Dyed Silk. I love how the silk wraps around the twigs on the left and each fairy is holding an end. I also pleated the ribbon on the bottom of the picture and the tied bow on the right side too. I truly love the hand dyed silk ribbon and I've just gotta get more of it. It pleats so beautifully and is very easy to work with.



Next I have a card I created using the 1" China Doll Hand Dyed Silk Ribbon in a twist pleat. Isn't the dimension in this fantastic???


And lastly today, a card using one of the most elegant ribbons available at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. The 1.5" White Pleated Satin (glimmer misted in Silver) is perfect for the upcoming wedding season and I've paired it with a little Danielle White Lace. Grey is a huge trend this season and I love how a little white makes it POP.


Well, that is it for me today. I hope that you all are having a fantastic Monday. Thank you so much for leaving comments on the RRR blog, we all appreciate your thoughts. Until next time....

Toodles
Erika Taylor



6 comments :

  1. All your projects are wonderful with such great choices of product- but your layout is over the top girl!
    Just beautiful and a precious picture.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love all the cards and the layout! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! I love the pleated ribbon...well...ALL of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love these....especially the Rusty Bucket Hand dye.....love that....
    And where do you get your fairy's.....they are so pretty.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fairies are from the Once Upon a Springtime Collection from Graphic 45. Thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone

    Erika

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say