Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't Stress - Distress!



Hi, It's Gini, and I'm back to share another card with you, and also a really quick technique.
I really love the hand-dyed silk that Bonnie has added to the store. It is a bias cut silk, so it has a wonderful drape to it. For my project, I used the Mossy Rock color. If you pay any attention to my work, you will notice that I love to distress things. This ribbon is perfect for adding a worn and loved look to it. To achieve this, just hold the ribbon between your thumb and forefinger, and run your fingernail down the edge. This will start adding that distressed look. Keep doing this until you get the look that you like.





4 comments :

  1. I haven't tried destressing yet but your project is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the distressing on this card,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip......love all of your distressing and your colouring is great!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say